How to Set Up an email account on Windows 10 Mail client, the free email client for Windows 10. You don't need an active Microsoft Outlook 365 subscription to have your emails running on your PC or laptop.
- Create the email accounts in cPanel and save your email address/username and password.
- Use the email settings below to configure your account on your Windows 10 mail app.
Windows 10 Email Setup
If you have the latest up to date version of Windows 10, click on the search in bottom left next to the start button and type in Mail to find the Mail App.
- Run the Mail client
- Click on Accounts then Add account
- Add an email account, options include Outlook.com account, Exchange (Office 365), Google, Yahoo!, iCloud, Other account (POP, IMAP) or Advanced setup.
- Select Advanced setup to add your cPanel email account.
- In Advanced setup select Internet email for POP and IMAP accounts.
- Enter your Email address and repeat it in the username field *important
- Enter your password for the email account.
- Enter Account name and the name that you want to show when sending an email.
- Enter Incoming and Outgoing email server settings as per your email setup settings and select either POP3 or IMAP4 for Account type.
- Make sure you have the check boxes selected for Outgoing server requires authentication, Use the same username and password for sending emails, Require SSL for incoming emails & Require SSL for outgoing emails.
Email Setup Settings
Incoming Server: mail.yourdomain.co.za
IMAP, POP3, and SMTP require authentication.
*For incoming and outgoing server settings replace yourdomain.co.za with your domain name.